The Familyzone Grid System offers
a bird’s eye view of family relations. Parents rate themselves, the other parent and each child. The rating provides information on the fit between parents and children. Older children rate themselves. The grid system is also aligned with the requirements of the Children's Act and includes the child's version.
This on-line inventory developed by Dr Duchen assists with planning contact, residency and care of children. The Familyzone™-Grid is a web-based support tool that assists professionals and parents with an analysis for both young children (0-5 years) and older children (6-18 years) of:
- Characteristics inherent to the child as rated by both parents.
- Characteristics of each parent via self-assessment by each parent and rating by the other parent.
- The status of the parental relationship as rated by both parents.
- The status of the sibling relationship as rated by both parents.
- Characteristics of the child as rated by the child (children ages 8 and older)
It assesses each parent’s understanding of the children and their own and each other’s strengths and weaknesses as parents. The information generates a summary report. Three different report types can be generated: assessment, mediation or therapeutic.
- Therapy with adults & children
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Mediation support tool
- Parenting plans
- Forensic reports
- Affordable – R550 per family
- Secure web-based system
- Different types of reports: Assessment, Mediation & Therapeutic
- Includes children’s version
- Aligned with the Children’s Act
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I request a grid report?
Simply follow these 3 easy steps:
1 Complete the GRID REQUEST FORM
to activate the online questionnaires for your family or case you are working on.
2 Your clients complete their respective questionnaires. It is multiple choice questions and takes only about two to three minutes to complete.
3 We mail you a report that you can use in your work.
- Can the grid be used when only one parent is involved?
You can definitely do the Grid with one parent only and it gives very valuable information. It is always a good idea to invite the other parent for the assessment because recommendations cannot be made without both parents and the child participating in the process.
- Can the questions be printed out?
No, it is only available for online use. If professionals need more specific information regarding questions this can be arranged.
- Can the parents or children see each other’s results?
No, each user receives their own log-in details via e-mail and can only have access to their own questionnaires. The professional whom the family consults with may share the results with other family members. Ask your professional about this.
- How long does it take before the grid report is available to the professional?
The turn-around time is about three working days.
- Is the R550 a fixed price or does it depend on the amount of members in a family?
Yes, the price is R550 per family fixed – regardless of the number of participants.